March 10, 2010

The Continuing Story of Bungalow Joe


Hello Friends,

How have you been? I've been doing extremely well. Things have been extremely busy, but the work has, as always, been extremely rewarding. I try to remember Voltaire's maxim whenever I am swamped like I am now. The great satirist once wrote that "work eliminates those three great evils-- boredom, necessity, and vice."

Reflecting back on my year so far, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed all of my classes. Rockhurst is really a great place to learn and grow. There really has not been a class that I have dreaded going to. I think that that is really cool.

Life at Rockhurst has been pleasant as well. I have started attending the Student Mass each week at SFX. It really is a terrific atmosphere to grow in your spirituality.

Rockhurst always has something going on. There is never a dull moment. There is so much to do, from a late night Mardi Gras party in the Barn to kicking it in the Rock Room, you really never get bored.

Play rehearsals have been steady. We have been making great progress. I expect our performance (March 29th at 9 p.m. in the Mabee Theatre) will be quite good. I have uploaded a picture of the full cast. We call ourselves the St. Olaf Rep Theatre Players.

Cheers.

Joey

http://www.rockhurst.edu/studentlife/newstudents/index.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment