October 18, 2009

Week 8


Hello Friends,

Just finding some time for some more blogging! It has been a very busy return from Fall Break.

Classes are coming out of hibernation and hitting me with some challenging work. Still, I have found some time for fun. For example, I attended the Rockhurst men's soccer game vs. Indianapolis on Friday night. The weather was chilly, but the game was excellent. Though the Rockhurst side fell 2-1 in overtime, the game had many exciting moments. For example, the Hawks put in an equalizer with only fourteen seconds to go to send it into the extra period! It was an exciting, if disappointing, finish. That is certain.

I'd also like to take this time to comment on the excellence of the Rockhurst fitness center. I just got back from jogging a few miles on the treadmills in there. It has consistently been one of the best workout facilities I have ever worked out in.

I've seen a lot of tours being given since I got back from break. The level of interest reflects the excellence of the experience I have found at Rockhurst so far.

Currently, I am working on a project for First Year Seminar dealing with Justice in Education. I have been thoroughly impressed by the level of commitment Rockhurst has displayed on all levels, educational and otherwise. They have various service opportunities available, and I am hoping to become more actively involved in them.

Alright. Have a great week!

Joey

P.S. You can find more info about the Rockhurst men's soccer team at http://www.rockhurst.edu/ru_athletics/m_varsity/soccer/index.asp.

No comments:

Post a Comment