August 20, 2009

First Week At Rockhurst

Hi All,

Just finding some time to squeeze in this update. My first week at Rockhurst has been really incredible. I've made many new friends and am enjoying all my classes.

My RU experience started last Wednesday when I arrived for Honors Orientation, which was a ton of fun. I had the opportunity to tour Kansas City and visit the Kemper Art Museum. The Honors Program really seems worthwhile not only academically, but also socially. Right from the start, I made friends in the Honors activities.

I only knew a few people coming up here with me, and most played soccer (http://www.rockhurst.edu/ru_athletics/m_varsity/soccer/index.asp). I was initially nervous about making friends but was soon overwhelmed by the kindness displayed by anyone and everyone associated with Rockhurst. I counted more than thirty upperclassmen willing to take time out of their day to help freshmen move in. I don't know where else I could find that.

The classes here have been intellectually stimulating. I think that they will really provide a challenge while staying fun. I am particularly interested in a course called Reality and Human Existence. I love to ask questions like "Why are we here?" and "What is a person?" I'm looking forward to exploring the ideas of the many thinkers who have turned their attention to these problems. 

 More to come soon!

 Joey


No comments:

Post a Comment